Crab Dip in a Bread Bowl
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) loaf sourdough bread
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 2 cups imitation crabmeat
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- Cut top fourth off of the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1-in. shell. Cube removed bread; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, crab, water chestnuts and salad dressing mix.
- Fill bread shell with crab dip. Serve with vegetables and reserved bread cubes.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 147 calories, 8g fat (6g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 357mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Sep 4, 2019
I made this dip, but used a standard loaf of white bread and stuffed the halves with the crab dip, topped with Mexican cheese blend. I'd baked 15 minutes at 425o F., covered, then uncovered and baked 5 minutes. I'd broiled 1 to 2 minutes. I didn't have the sour dough bread available!. I took this to our potluck and it was a hit!