Crab Cucumber Bites Recipe
- 3 medium cucumbers
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1. Peel strips from cucumbers to create striped edges; cut each cucumber into 16 slices, about 1/4-in. thick. Pat dry with paper towels; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, lemon juice and pepper sauce until smooth. Fold in the crab, red pepper and onions. Place 1 heaping teaspoonful onto each cucumber slice. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 appetizer: 16 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 41mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Crab Cucumber Bites
"I added a little extra lemon juice and hot sauce -- also left out the green onions for sweet onion (avoid the heat of the onion) and I pulsed it in the food processor til rather than stand and chop -- worked great -- just have to watch it -- turned out awesome. easy."
"Just needs a little more "kick in the pants" to be a go to favorite. Served these up to some women friends - they really enjoyed it, but agreed it could kick up a notch."