- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup chopped imitation crabmeat or 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- On a greased baking sheet, unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, onion and dill until blended. Spread mixture lengthwise over half of the dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with crab.
- Fold dough over filling; pinch seam to seal. Brush the top with egg yolk. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into slices. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Reviews forCrab Crescent Loaf
"made it as directed in recipe. was beautiful golden brown and completely soggy, slimy inside. could not serve it."
"Great, and good looking too! Was the first thing to go at my last buffet."
"very good. pretty easy to make."
"easy recipe. Good taste. Simple but good."
"Very good easy to make. My husband boys ate it all. Will make again."
"I just made this a little over an hour ago and can I say yummm? It would be great appetizer or just a snack. I did not use any onions because my husband and I do not like onions... I substituted the onions with onion powder. They were awesome! I will def. be making this again... thanks!!"
"Oh My Gosh!!! This was just wonderful. I fixed this for the Super Bowl yesterday and only 3 slices were left. Mind you there were only 5 adults and 2 children to eat it and I had a ton of food. My dtr-in-law almost foundered herself with it. Yes, I will be making it again, soon."
"A friend made this for a small jewelry party a few years ago. I asked for the recipe but her family got transfered to Germany before I could get. I'm thrilled to find it here. Thank you so much."