Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed and patted dry
- 1-3/4 cups half-and-half cream
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Lightly grease eight 8-oz. custard cups; set aside. In a skillet, saute green onions in butter until tender; set aside.
- Spread corn on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. In a blender or food processor, combine corn and cream; cover and process for 1-2 seconds. Add the eggs, crab, Parmesan cheese, flour, salt, sugar, pepper, nutmeg and reserved onions. Cover and process 10-20 seconds longer. Pour into prepared custard cups.
- Place cups in a large baking pan. Add 1 in. of boiling water to pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.