VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) whole potatoes, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- In a Dutch oven, saute the mushrooms, celery and onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the crab, broth, potatoes, corn, salt, dill and pepper. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Stir in sherry. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Crab Chowder in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p237
Reviews forCrab Chowder
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 11, 2011
"I think that the chowder was missing some flavors. It was bland to me and normally, I love dill, but I did not like it at all in this recipe."