Crab Cheese Fondue Recipe
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup condensed cream of mushroom or celery soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- Cubed French bread, cherry tomatoes, baby zucchini, cooked new potatoes and/or artichoke hearts for dipping
- 1. In a saucepan, combine milk and soup until blended. Add cheeses; cook and stir over low heat until melted. Stir in crab and lemon juice; remove from the heat.
- 2. Rub the interior of a fondue pot with the cut side of garlic; discard garlic. Pour cheese mixture into pot; keep at a gentle simmer over low heat. Serve with bread cubes, tomatoes, zucchini, potatoes and/or artichoke hearts. Yield: 3 cups.
2 tablespoons: 80 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Crab Cheese Fondue
"We made this fondure for New Year's Eve and it was a big hit. It is not only easy but very tasty. Most fondue recipes call for wine or alcohol of some sort but this fondue is excellent and calls for no alcohol."