Crab Cakes with Fresh Lemon
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min./batch
- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 8 lemon wedges
- In a large bowl, combine cornmeal and milk; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, saute red pepper and onions in oil until tender. Remove from the heat.
- Add the egg whites, mayonnaise, flour, parsley, lemon juice, seafood seasoning and cayenne to the reserved cornmeal mixture; mix well. Fold in the crab, corn and red pepper mixture.
- Coat the same skillet with cooking spray; drop crab mixture by scant 1/2 cupfuls into the pan. Press into 3/4-in.-thick patties. Cook in batches over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 311 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 764mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 21, 2012
These were more like corn cakes with crab in them. I chose the canned white crab - wrong type! Get lump crab for sure. I will try it again though and tweak some amounts here & there.