Crab Cakes with Fresh Lemon
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min./batch
- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 8 lemon wedges
- In a large bowl, combine cornmeal and milk; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, saute red pepper and onions in oil until tender. Remove from the heat.
- Add the egg whites, mayonnaise, flour, parsley, lemon juice, seafood seasoning and cayenne to the reserved cornmeal mixture; mix well. Fold in the crab, corn and red pepper mixture.
- Coat the same skillet with cooking spray; drop crab mixture by scant 1/2 cupfuls into the pan. Press into 3/4-in.-thick patties. Cook in batches over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 311 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 764mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Jan 21, 2012
These were more like corn cakes with crab in them. I chose the canned white crab - wrong type! Get lump crab for sure. I will try it again though and tweak some amounts here & there.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.