Crab Artichoke Dip with Toasted Pitas
The first year I was married, I brought this to our family's Christmas Eve celebration. The dip and toasted pitas went over so well, I've been bringing it ever since!—Tabetha Carson, Independence, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makes6 cups dip (8 dozen chips)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 4 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 12 pita pocket halves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Transfer to a large bowl; add the mayonnaise, artichokes, cheeses, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and celery salt. Gently stir in crab. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Cut each pita pocket into four wedges. Separate each wedge into two triangles. Place the triangles rough side up on baking sheet; brush with olive oil. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with warm dip.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 78 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 126mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Hot Crab & Artichoke Dip with Pita Triangles in Country Woman Christmas 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.