Crab and Spinach Quiche Recipe
- 5 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss Cheese
- 1-1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 to 8 ounces canned or frozen crabmeat, thawed, drained and flaked
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1. In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs. Add milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg; set aside. Combine cheeses and flour; add to egg mixture with crab and spinach. Mix well. Pour into two pastry lined 9-in. pie plates or quiche pans. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cut into narrow pieces. Serve warm. Yield: 32-36 servings.
1 slice: 105 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 166mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Crab and Spinach Quiche
"This was delicious. I didn't add the whole package of spinach; maybe half, and that was plenty. I used packaged Italian shredded cheese instead of Swiss, because that is what I had on hand. Next time I might reduce the amount of cheese and replace it with an extra egg, as it seemed like too much cheese. Overall, I really enjoyed this recipe. I liked that it made 2 quiche. I cooked both and then froze one. I took the frozen one out of the freezer a couple of weeks later and cooked it in the oven for about an hour and it came out beautifully!"
"Way too much spinach versus egg and cheese! I would also use mozzarella instead of swiss, otherwise it's too sweet for me."
"This was really tasty! easy to prepare. I did end up doubling the crab to 12 oz to get a really good crab taste. At first I didn't like the idea of making two, but it was nice to make two. I ended up freezing the 2nd one."
"this is so good! added cooked diced onion and minced garlic"