Crab and Blue Cheese Mushrooms
I've tried a variety of recipes for stuffed mushrooms. But when I make these seafood "shrooms", they seem to disappear before I can put them on a platter!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 2 pounds large fresh mushrooms
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Remove mushroom stems and finely chop; set caps aside. In a large skillet, saute chopped mushrooms and onions in butter for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the crab, bread crumbs, blue cheese, parsley and salt. Spoon into mushroom caps.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 104 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 249mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Stuffed Mushrooms in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.