I've tried a variety of recipes for stuffed mushrooms. But when I make these seafood "shrooms", they seem to disappear before I can put them on a platter!
Recommended: 21 Appetizer Recipes for Your Holiday Party
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds large fresh mushrooms
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Remove mushroom stems and finely chop; set caps aside. In a large skillet, saute chopped mushrooms and onions in butter for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the crab, bread crumbs, blue cheese, parsley and salt. Spoon into mushroom caps.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Crab-Stuffed Mushrooms in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p29
Reviews forCrab and Blue Cheese Mushrooms
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 12, 2010
"very tasty. I did mine with feta cheese."