Crab ‘n’ Penne Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1-1/2 cups imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325°. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine Alfredo sauce, crab, yellow squash, zucchini, parsley and pepper flakes. Drain pasta; add to sauce mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake 35 minutes or until heated through. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, 5-6 minutes longer or until browned.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 323 calories, 15g fat (10g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 721mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Aug 14, 2016
Such a nice, solid and creative dish! Made for dinner and husband and son loved it. Surprised my kid was all over the crab! Next time would double the crab, but we loved the amount of cheese and the breadcrumbs on top added a nice crunch. I would consider adding more veggies too, but this was a nice combo as is. Thanks for posting!
Mar 16, 2016
This was just OK. Almost too much cheese - and I never say that lol. It needed quite a bit of salt. It seemed to taste better the next day.
Mar 16, 2014
I loved the addition of the squash. This is quick and easy to make with just enough kick to make it tasty.
Feb 21, 2014
We LOVE this recipe in our house. The only thing I change is to eliminate the red pepper flakes. My husband thinks they are a little too hot. I agree, so we don't use them.
Aug 27, 2013
Great flavor. Might add a little more crab but it was great and very easy to make!!!
Apr 16, 2012
Had this for dinner tonight. The only changes I made were to use the listed amount of fresh crab, but also added half a pkg. of imitation crab that I had in the freezer. Also had a couple extra mushrooms that needed to be used. It was soooo good. My husband isn't a big seafood casserole fan, but he asked me to add this to the permanent collection so it will be making regular appearences in this house. Will make a good potluck recipe, too. I wonder how broccoli would be ...
Apr 13, 2012
This was okay. We ate it. I definately wouldn't make it again though.
Feb 24, 2012
So simple and delicious. My family raved about this dish!
Aug 16, 2011
Jul 30, 2011
Very good, even my daughter who does not like vegetables ate it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.