- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked peeled shrimp
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 4 sole fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the crab, shrimp, bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons butter, cream cheese, chives, garlic, lemon peel and parsley. Spoon about 1/4 cup stuffing onto each fillet; roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Place each fillet on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.). Combine the tomatoes, wine, lemon juice, salt, pepper and remaining butter; spoon over fillets. Fold foil around fish and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCrab & Shrimp Stuffed Sole
"This is wonderful. I changed the sauce to butter, cream and sherry. I also baked in oven but didn't line pan just used a casserole. Covered with foil and poked some holes to let out steam. Uncovered and baked additional 5 min. Served with rice pilaf and green beans and almonds in balsamic reduction. I ate too much :-) A really nice easy recipe. TY."
"I made this in the oven...lined a pan with foil and baked the stuffed sole uncovered for about 25 minutes. I doubled the cream cheese and omitted the butter, didn't have lemon zest so added a couple teaspoons of lemon juice instead. Served with a creamy garlic spice sauce I made from scratch, it was absolutely delishous and got rave reviews from my husband. This is a great dish that you can prep ahead and is very simple to prepare."