Cozumel Red Snapper Veracruz
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 red snapper fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken stock
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup pitted green olives, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Hot cooked Israeli couscous and chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; drizzle with wine. Top with tomatoes, onion, olives, jalapeno, capers and garlic; drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. If desired, serve with couscous and sprinkle with cilantro.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet (calculated without couscous and cilantro): 285 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 741mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 15, 2013
This was delicious! I used MahiMahi, but tilapia or cod would be good too. I also used canned tomatoes and that worked just fine.
Aug 14, 2013
This was pretty good. I used tilapia.