Cozumel Red Snapper Veracruz
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 red snapper fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken stock
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup pitted green olives, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Hot cooked Israeli couscous and chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; drizzle with wine. Top with tomatoes, onion, olives, jalapeno, capers and garlic; drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. If desired, serve with couscous and sprinkle with cilantro.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet (calculated without couscous and cilantro): 285 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 741mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein.
Oct 15, 2013
This was delicious! I used MahiMahi, but tilapia or cod would be good too. I also used canned tomatoes and that worked just fine.
Aug 14, 2013
This was pretty good. I used tilapia.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.