Cowpoke Cornbread Salad
My crew and I lead horseback camping vacations into the untamed areas of Arizona. Our cook serve trail lunches and cowboy-sized suppers out of our chuck wagon kitchen. This hearty salad is usually on the menu.—Shelly Donnelly, Gold Canyon, Arizona
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 10 cups crumbled cornbread
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 to 1-1/3 cups mayonnaise
- In a large bowl, combine the cornbread, bacon, tomatoes, green pepper and onion. Add mayonnaise; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 428 calories, 23g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 844mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Cowpoke Corn Bread Salad in Country Woman January/February 2002