Cowpoke Corn Bread Salad Recipe
My crew and I lead horseback camping vacations into the untamed areas of Arizona. Our cook serve trail lunches and cowboy-sized suppers out of our chuck wagon kitchen. This hearty salad is usually on the menu.—Shelly Donnelly, Gold Canyon, Arizona
- 10 cups crumbled corn bread
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 to 1-1/3 cups mayonnaise
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the corn bread, bacon, tomatoes, green pepper and onion. Add mayonnaise; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 cup: 428 calories, 23g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 844mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Cowpoke Corn Bread Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC