Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups refrigerated fully cooked barbecued shredded pork
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until pepper is crisp-tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 217 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 1005mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 5g fiber), 15g protein.
Jan 16, 2018
I had some leftover barbecue so I decided to try out this cowboy chili recipe. It was very tasty, a nice change from traditional chili.
Nov 19, 2010
This is a family favorite!
Feb 22, 2010
Great way to use up left over BBQ, everyone in my family loved it
Dec 29, 2009
I like recipes with such few ingredients, then can add to them --
May 26, 2009
This is fantastic and very easy. I like to add a can of corn to it to make it a little heartier.
Sep 29, 2008
This was a wonderfully simple and easy recipe. One to definately make again. I have considered sauteeing the peppers and onions prior to adding the remaining ingredients.