Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups refrigerated fully cooked barbecued shredded pork
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until pepper is crisp-tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 217 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 1005mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 5g fiber), 15g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 16, 2018
I had some leftover barbecue so I decided to try out this cowboy chili recipe. It was very tasty, a nice change from traditional chili.
Nov 19, 2010
This is a family favorite!
Feb 22, 2010
Great way to use up left over BBQ, everyone in my family loved it
Dec 29, 2009
I like recipes with such few ingredients, then can add to them --
May 26, 2009
This is fantastic and very easy. I like to add a can of corn to it to make it a little heartier.
Sep 29, 2008
This was a wonderfully simple and easy recipe. One to definately make again. I have considered sauteeing the peppers and onions prior to adding the remaining ingredients.