- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups frozen Tater Tots
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Stir in the corn, soup, 1/4 cup cheese, milk, sour cream, onion powder and pepper.
- Place 1 cup Tater Tots in a greased 3-cup baking dish. Layer with beef mixture and remaining Tater Tots; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forCowboy Casserole
"For such a simple recipe very good, lends itself to personal taste additions. Fresh corn-on-the-cob in season so I omitted the canned corn substituted fresh green beans. We prefer the tator medallion shape rather than tator tots followed a suggestion of another review and crisped the tators before putting in the casserole dish ( so glad I did). Added Worcestershire, garlic, sprinkled 1/2 packet of beef onion gravy packet plus about 1/3 cup of beef bone broth while browning meat. Very quick and tasty casserole."
"Very good. I doubled the recipe for a 9x13 pan. I also added salt and pepper."
"Family loved this. Doubled recipe. Sprinkled a little bit of steak spice on the beef for flavour and a tbsp of Worcestershire sauce and some garlic . Added frozen avocado instead of corn. Kept everything else the same. Family asking for it again this week."
"I love this recipe I make it for pot lucks but this past week I made it for a cabin of 18 and I read all the bland comments and thought I can't take that. So I got creative I put garlic in it of course. Then fiesta corn more sweet corn, kidney beans, black beans yeah it's a lot of extras but it was probably a triple recipe and probably weighted 15 lbs lol I couldn't carry it. But it fed a lot of folks and even got a call after we got home did you have any extras, why yes I had also made my daughter a pan while she was home for the weekend and of course she didn't eat it lol SUPER SUCCESS!!!!!!"
"Family favorite but I double this recipe 4 times and put in a 11x13 pan!"
"My family loves it! I use the whole can of soup, and add some French fried onions on top during the last 15 min of cooking. Great comfort dish in the winter!"