- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) wax beans, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- In an ovenproof Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forCowboy Bake Beans
"I have been using this recipe for years! I have yet to meet anyone who does not like it! I really want to find a chili recipe that is similar to this!!! Anyone have one?????"
"everyone loved these, and they are so easy to make"
"I always make this in the crockpot. Often I carry it to church potluck suppers or family cookouts. It is always popular. I have shared this recipe with many friends. I use whatever types of beans I have on hand -- even frozen green beans and butterbeans. It is very forgiving of bean types. Instead of condensed tomato soup, I use tomato sauce. Great as a main dish served with brown rice."
"This is a very tasty version of baked beans I would and do serve at all my BBQ's a very must try."
"I am trying the recipe today, but why does the caption mention tomato PASTE??"
"This is a great recipe! I substitute some fresh sausage and baked ham for some of the hamburger, using about 1/3 of each meat and put the ham bone in the pot too."