Cow Chip Cookies
From the name, it shouldn't surprise you that this cookie recipe came from a 4-H student of my husband's (we're both teachers)! I like the fact it makes a big batch. And, at the holidays, you can use red and green M&M's to give them a festive look.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 jar (28 ounces) chunky peanut butter
- 7-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 package (1 pound) candy-coated chocolate
- 2 cups (12 ounces) chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Note: This recipe does not use flour. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, vanilla and salt; mix well. Mix in peanut butter. Place remaining ingredients in a 5-qt. bowl. Stir in creamed mixture. Shape into 3/4-in. balls and place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 314 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Cow Chip Cookies in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.