Cow Chip Cookies
From the name, it shouldn't surprise you that this cookie recipe came from a 4-H student of my husband's (we're both teachers)! I like the fact it makes a big batch. And, at the holidays, you can use red and green M&M's to give them a festive look.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 jar (28 ounces) chunky peanut butter
- 7-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 package (1 pound) candy-coated chocolate
- 2 cups (12 ounces) chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Note: This recipe does not use flour. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, vanilla and salt; mix well. Mix in peanut butter. Place remaining ingredients in a 5-qt. bowl. Stir in creamed mixture. Shape into 3/4-in. balls and place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 314 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Cow Chip Cookies in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate