Covered Dish Dinner Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Crumble beef into a large bowl. Stir in soup, onion, rice, water and soup mix; mix well. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
If you plan on taking Covered Dish Dinner to a potluck, prepare as directed (omit the cheese until ready to bake) and freeze. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 1 hour before leaving for the potluck.
Reviews for Covered Dish Dinner
"Very bland recipe"