I've taken this tasty casserole to countless potlucks and church suppers. It conveniently bakes in the oven for 1 hour, so I can get other things done around the house.—Mrs. W.T. Kesler, Laurens, South Carolina
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Crumble beef into a large bowl. Stir in soup, onion, rice, water and soup mix; mix well. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Covered Dish Dinner in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p200
Reviews forCovered Dish Dinner
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 1, 2008
"Very bland recipe"