- 2 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 medium eggplant, sliced widthwise 1/2 inch thick
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, quartered
- 1 small onion, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) couscous
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2-1/4 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Spritz vegetables with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Coat grill rack with cooking spray before preparing the grill for indirect heat. Arrange vegetables on grill over the side for indirect heat. Grill, covered, over medium indirect heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until tender. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- In a saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Cut grilled vegetables into 1/2-in. pieces. Fluff couscous with a fork. Add vegetables, green onions, lemon juice, thyme and remaining salt and pepper; toss until combined. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCouscous with Grilled Vegetables
"Very good. I love both couscous and grilled veggies. Lots of veggies in this dish, very healthy."