Couscous Tuna Tower
These attractive tuna towers will impress your dinner guests. Plus, the cost of ingredients is easy on the wallet.—Jennifer Honeycutt, Nashville, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2/3 cup uncooked couscous
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinaigrette
- 2 cups torn curly endive
- 8 thick slices red tomatoes
- 8 thick slices yellow tomatoes
- In a small skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add couscous; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until couscous is lightly browned. Add water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8 minutes. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the couscous mixture, tuna, parsley, capers, olives, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Pour vinaigrette over endive; toss to coat. On each of eight serving plates, layer a red tomato slice, a yellow tomato slice, 1/2 cup couscous mixture and 1/4 cup endive leaves.