Couscous Tabbouleh with Fresh Mint & Feta Recipe
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5-8 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the beans, tomato and cucumber. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, lemon peel, oil and seasonings. Drizzle over bean mixture. Add couscous; toss to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate until chilled. Sprinkle with cheese before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
2-1/3 cups: 531 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 984mg sodium, 75g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 13g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Couscous Tabbouleh with Fresh Mint & Feta
"This salad was so easy to make - fresh and delicious! I thought it made way more than 2 servings because both the grains and the beans are very filling. I started the grains (I used quinoa), then made the dressing and then combined it all. I also chilled it covered in the fridge for 20-30 before serving. I really recommend that for it helps to calm the lemon down a bit and play up the mint. Will add radishes next time and take out a 1/3 of the beans, but loved this dish!"