Couscous Salad with Olives & Raisins
There's plenty to like in this recipe, and you'll want to pair it with your next special meal.—Mya Zeronia, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 min. + cooling
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 package (10 ounces) couscous
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup sliced Greek olives
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped fresh mint
- In a large saucepan, bring stock to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 5-10 minutes or until stock is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper until blended; stir into couscous. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Originally published as Minty Couscous with Olives & Raisins in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.