Couscous Salad with Dried Cherries
When I read this recipe, it sounded so delicious that I wanted it for my recipe file at home. It has a good combination of textures. —Betty Reuter
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork; cool.
- In a bowl, combine the couscous, cherries, carrot, cucumber, onions and pine nuts. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
TEST KITCHEN TIP Betty likes to plump the dried cherries before adding them to the couscous. Simply cover with boiling water and let stand for 30 minutes, then drain.