- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups uncooked couscous
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Lemon wedges
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute red pepper in oil for 2 minutes. Add onions and garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in broth and seasonings; bring to a boil. Add shrimp; cook for 2-3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Return to a boil. Stir in the couscous, peas and butter.
- Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Sprinkle with almonds and parsley. Serve with lemon. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCouscous Paella
"easy to make and great taste. One half of the recipe serves 6. It makes a lot."
"I really like this recipe and so does my husband even though it has peas & shrimp in it - 2 things he normally doesn't care for."