Our home economists set out to prepare a delicious meal-in-one featuring couscous...and they succeeded with this recipe. Served alongside tender strips of chicken, the pasta is topped with a medley of diced broiled vegetables.
Recommended: 29 Healthy Winter Skillet Meals
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- Place squash and peppers in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with the rosemary, salt and pepper. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil; gently stir to coat. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until tender, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken in remaining oil until a thermometer reads 170°. Add garlic, cook 1 minute longer. Remove and keep warm.
- Add broth and onion to the skillet; bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Cut chicken into strips. Serve with couscous and vegetables. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Couscous Chicken Supper in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p41