Couscous Chicken Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup water
- 1-3/4 cups uncooked couscous
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- In a large saucepan, bring broth and water to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Stir in the chicken, artichokes, tomatoes, red pepper, cucumber, parsley, cheese, onions and pepper. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 392 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 914mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 33g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 18, 2010
I've made this recipe several times and it's a big hit here! I prefer to use a "grande" couscous for more bite and I leave out the tomatoes. I keep this in the fridge for a few days and find that the tomatoes tend to get mushy, but the rest of the salad keeps very well. It's delicious!