- 20 large fresh mushrooms
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1/3 cup uncooked whole wheat couscous
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 teaspoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop stems; set caps aside. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onions and chopped mushrooms until crisp-tender. Add 1/2 cup broth; cook and stir until liquid is evaporated and vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring remaining broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until broth is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Add to onion mixture. Stir in 2 tablespoons cheese, mayonnaise, basil and tarragon. Stuff into mushroom caps.
- Place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Just before serving, sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 20 appetizers.
Reviews forCouscous Caps
"I love mushrooms and stuffed ones are even better. I made these for a group of friends one night and they all raved about how good they were. I switched it up the next time and instead of couscous used quinoa which was great as well."