- 6 quarts popped popcorn
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Place popcorn in a large bowl and set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla and baking soda; mix well. Pour over popcorn and stir until well-coated. Pour into two greased 13x9-in. baking pans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 5-1/2 quarts.
Reviews forCourtside Caramel Corn
"Awesome! I will definitely be making this again. So good!"
"This is almost identical to the recipe I use, but I use puff corn - no hulls! We call it "crack corn" - can't stop once you start!! Delicious!!!"
"We loved this crunchy popcorn! Double the recipe, it goes fast."
"Excellent recipe for caramel corn! After trying this recipe, I've thrown away my old one. Great flavor, texture and caramel coverage of the corn. I also used 3/4 tsp. soda like another reviewer noted, and it turned out very well."
"easy, relatively fast, and a hit with caramel-popcorn lovers---what more could you want in a caramel corn recipe? I added an extra 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda (after reading reviews for Paula Deen's nearly identical recipe) this time around, but the recipe's been great each of the 5+ times I've made it."
"This is the best caramel corn. As stated-store in air tight containers but it won't last long. It's easy to make, delicious to eat and not sticky like some caramel corns can be."
"Everyone loves when I make this. Be careful to get all the kernals out though I made that mistake once, OOPS!"
"I have made this several times over the years,,I always have to make two batches,,,It is GREAT!!!"
"As a matter of preference, I used a little extra popcorn (about 8 qts) and used dark brown sugar because that's what I had on hand. Excellent! Exactly what I'd hoped for! Thanks for another great recipe!"
"I once had a recipe for caramel corn that a dear friend gave me, and I lost it in between several moves. This recipe is close, and is easy to make. It never lasts long!"