Couple’s Catch of the Day
Here's a match made in heaven—two tasty fish fillets in a Valentine's Day shape! Moist and tender, this succulent orange roughy from our kitchen staff will win hearts with its memorable blend of garlic, dill and lemon.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 parchment paper squares (12 inches each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 orange roughy fillets (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 medium lemon, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 fresh dill sprigs
- Cut each piece of parchment paper into a 12-in. heart. Brush paper with 1 tablespoon butter. Place a fillet on one side of each heart. Sprinkle with dill, lemon-pepper and garlic powder. Drizzle with remaining butter. Arrange lemon slices over fish.
- Fold parchment hearts in half. Beginning at the tip of the heart, fold edges together, 2 in. at a time. Place on a large baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes. With a scissors, cut an X through top of parchment; fish should flake easily with a fork. Transfer each parchment heart to a dinner plate. Garnish with dill sprigs.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 222 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 281mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Couple's Catch of the Day in Crafting Traditions January/February 2001