Country Tomato-Rice Soup
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 1-1/2 hours
Makes14 servings (3-1/2 quarts)
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top round steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 quarts water
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 celery ribs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, brown beef in oil. Add water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Add tomatoes, bouillon and seasonings; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Add carrots, celery, onion and rice. Simmer for 30-40 minutes or until beef and rice are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 122 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 356mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Oct 7, 2019
My family loves this Country tomato and Rice Soup. I have been serving it for a number of years since I found it in a Taste of Home Cookbook. I recently purchased an Instant Pot and would like to make this soup in it. Could someone please suggest a conversion form stovetop to Instant Pot for this recipe? Thank you!