"This is a super-quick way to use leftover pork," notes Arlene Snyder of Millerstown, Pennsylvania. "With hearty potatoes and bright green peas, it's creamy, comforting and so tasty."
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cubed cooked pork
- 1 cup cubed cooked potatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Biscuits, optional
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the soup, milk, Worcestershire, salt and pepper; mix well. Add the pork, potatoes and peas; heat through. Serve with biscuits if desired. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Originally published as Country Skillet Supper in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p48