"This is a super-quick way to use leftover pork," notes Arlene Snyder of Millerstown, Pennsylvania. "With hearty potatoes and bright green peas, it's creamy, comforting and so tasty."
Recommended: Easy Dinner Recipes for School Nights
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cubed cooked pork
- 1 cup cubed cooked potatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Biscuits, optional
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the soup, milk, Worcestershire, salt and pepper; mix well. Add the pork, potatoes and peas; heat through. Serve with biscuits if desired. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Originally published as Country Skillet Supper in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p48