VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Warm biscuits
- In a heavy skillet, brown and crumble sausage over medium heat until fully cooked. Drain and set aside. In the same skillet, combine soup and milk. Add mustard, seasoned salt and pepper; bring to a boil. reduce heat. Add sausage and sour cream. Simmer until heated through (do not boil). Serve over warm biscuits. Yield: 4-6 servings (3-1/2 cups gravy).
Originally published as Country Sausage Gravy in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p30
Reviews forCountry Sausage Gravy
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2016
"My wife and I absolutely LOVE this recipe!! I subbed out the CoC with cream of mushroom, the CoC was a little too salty for us. Otherwise an incredible recipe! Kudos!"