VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- Sprinkle ribs with sugar and salt; rub into both sides of meat. Refrigerate for 2 hours. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar and ginger. Spoon half of the sauce over both sides of ribs; refrigerate for 1 hour. Set remaining sauce aside for basting.
- Place ribs on a greased rack in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes; drain. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 1-1/2 hours longer or until meat is tender, basting with remaining sauce every 15 minutes. Yield: 8-12 servings.
Originally published as Country Ribs with Ginger Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p240