Country Rib Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup plum sauce
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 8 kaiser rolls, split
- 1. Place onion in a 3-qt. slow cooker; top with ribs. Combine the ketchup, plum sauce, chili sauce, brown sugar, celery seed, garlic powder, liquid smoke if desired and allspice; pour over ribs.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender. Shred meat with two forks. Serve on rolls. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 405 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 713mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Country Rib Sandwiches
"This rating is really just for my purposes. However, my family did not care for the flavoring. I guess they are just used to the market bbq sauce flavors."
"I liked these sandwiches, my husband thought they were OK. Very easy to do and good, just not a lot of "extra" flavor. I expected more flavor. Very mild tasting. I also substituted cocktail sauce for the chili sauce and plum duck sauce for the plum sauce (may be the same thing; I don't know) because that is what I had on hand. I would think you could substitute duck sauce for the plum sauce. Or maybe even something like grape jelly."