- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large mixing bowl, beat sugar, oil, eggs, pumpkin and water. Combine flour, baking powder, soda, spices and salt. Add to pumpkin mixture; blend well. Fold in raisins and walnuts. Spoon into greased muffin tins, filling 3/4 full. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Yield: 2-1/4 dozen.
Reviews forCountry Pumpkin Muffins
"Try adding sunflower seeds also"
"Made these for a fall fest at my son's school. I used 1 cup whole wheat flour, and 2 cups all purpose. I also cut the sugar to 1 1/2 cups, and used applesauce instead of oil. The treats needed to be nut free so I omitted the raisins and nuts, but I will make a batch for home and add those back in! These were very moist and tasty muffins!"
"It is just my favorite muffin recipe. I bake in the larger size muffin tin, and end up with a dozen perfect muffins."
"As I do with all of my muffins, I cut the sugar in half, replaced oil with applesauce and used whole wheat flour. They turned out great! I'm glad I made a double batch to freeze!"
"revised this a bit - used 3/4 cup white & 1/3 cup brown sugar, reduced the oil to 1/4 cup & used finely chopped pecans instead of the walnuts..... - everyone I share with asks for the recipe!"
"These muffins were absolutely delightful! I made minimuffins and the kids at home and colleagues at work couldn't keep their hands off of them! Many request for recipe and more muffins too! LOL!!"
"These are so good and flavorful. They're wonderful!"
"Excellent muffins.... terrific flavour! I did cut back to 1 1/2 cups sugar and they were still delicous! :)"
"These were so tasty! They weren't dry, just the right moistness. I used dried currants instead of raisins, but I also considered using craisins in the future. Either way, they are yummy :)"
"Good texture, but they just did not taste good."