Country Potato Dressing
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup turkey or chicken broth
- 8 slices day-old white bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a small skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in broth. In a large bowl, combine bread cubes, potatoes, egg and seasonings. Stir in onion mixture. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Nov 13, 2015
my mom had made this each year but not nutmeg instead she ground cooked gizzards and chicken livers and added this to the mixture along with the potatoes I love this as did every one whom ate it even those whom normally hated stuffing and sage also it taste better the day after reheated
Oct 12, 2014
This is a great dressing! The family loves it and there is never any left over! I have used this one for years!!!!!
Sep 30, 2011
There is nothing wrong with the recipe, we just didn't like the texture.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.