- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups fresh or frozen sliced peaches, thawed
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- In a small bowl, combine the cake flour, whole wheat flour, 2 tablespoons sugar and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Add oil and toss with a fork. Gradually add water and buttermilk, tossing with a fork until mixture sticks together. Shape dough into a ball; flatten dough. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into a 14-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons sugar and all-purpose flour; add peaches and toss to coat. Spoon over pastry to within 2 in. of edges. Fold edges of pastry over peaches, leaving center uncovered. Brush folded edge with milk; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Slide tart using parchment paper onto a wire rack to cool. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCountry Peach Tart
"you can also substitute apples or apple pie filling & add some cinnamon for a different flavor"