I jazz up refrigerated crescent rolls with sour cream and herbs to create these croissants. I keep the herbs on hand, but feel free to substitute dried cranberries, chopped walnuts and grated orange peel for rolls to serve with brunch.—Tina Lust, Nevada, Ohio
Recommended: 13×9 Brunch Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into triangles. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, onion, parsley, sage and celery salt; spread over dough.
- Roll up from the wide end and place pointed side down 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Curve ends down to form crescent shape. Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 rolls.
Originally published as Country Herb Croissants in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p7
Reviews forCountry Herb Croissants
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 4, 2014
"Very tasty, a great way to make a semi homemade dish your own."