Country Hamburger Pie
This all-in-one country dinner is fast and easy to prepare. Those are important qualities after a full day of chores!—Melissa Brown, Mansfield, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine all crust ingredients in a large bowl; mix well. Press the mixture in the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie pan.
- For filling, combine tomato sauce, rice, water, salt and 3/4 cup cheddar. Spoon into ground beef crust. Cover lightly with foil and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Remove foil; sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 3 to 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 320 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 910mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Country Hamburger Pie in Country Ground Beef