Country Hamburger Pie
This all-in-one country dinner is fast and easy to prepare. Those are important qualities after a full day of chores!—Melissa Brown, Mansfield, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine all crust ingredients in a large bowl; mix well. Press the mixture in the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie pan.
- For filling, combine tomato sauce, rice, water, salt and 3/4 cup cheddar. Spoon into ground beef crust. Cover lightly with foil and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Remove foil; sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 3 to 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 320 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 910mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Country Hamburger Pie in Country Ground Beef
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.