Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Stir in the corn; cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, cream, water, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir into corn mixture. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 157 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 272mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 30, 2016
Very easy to make and colorful. I may make again and try to leave out the tomatoes to see if that changes the flavor.
Sep 10, 2015
My husband and I loved this. I cut it in half because it's just the two of us and it worked well. I used regular yellow onion because it's what I had. To me it tasted very fresh and not heavy at all. Next time I may throw in some minced garlic with the onion. This one is a keeper.Update: this go-around I didn't have enough tomatoes, so I steamed some broccoli and threw it in at the end with the tomatoes. PERFECTION! This is one of my favorite sides, and it's a great way to use up leftover half-and-half.
Nov 24, 2013
Absolutely delicious! Definitely a keeper!
Jan 14, 2013
Delicious! I made this exactly as written and served it with the Dilly Salmon recipe on this same site.
Mar 16, 2012
De-lish!!! I will definately be making this again!!! I used one diced roma tomatoe instead of the grape tomatoes.
Feb 15, 2012
This was wonderful. My son doesn't care for cream sauces, but he asked for a fourth helping!!
Sep 23, 2011
Quick, easy, and delicious! I made this last weekend and everyone in my family loved it. It is going straight into my favorite recipe file.