Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Stir in the corn; cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, cream, water, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir into corn mixture. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 157 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 272mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Jun 30, 2016
Very easy to make and colorful. I may make again and try to leave out the tomatoes to see if that changes the flavor.
Sep 10, 2015
My husband and I loved this. I cut it in half because it's just the two of us and it worked well. I used regular yellow onion because it's what I had. To me it tasted very fresh and not heavy at all. Next time I may throw in some minced garlic with the onion. This one is a keeper.Update: this go-around I didn't have enough tomatoes, so I steamed some broccoli and threw it in at the end with the tomatoes. PERFECTION! This is one of my favorite sides, and it's a great way to use up leftover half-and-half.
Nov 24, 2013
Absolutely delicious! Definitely a keeper!
Jan 14, 2013
Delicious! I made this exactly as written and served it with the Dilly Salmon recipe on this same site.
Mar 16, 2012
De-lish!!! I will definately be making this again!!! I used one diced roma tomatoe instead of the grape tomatoes.
Feb 15, 2012
This was wonderful. My son doesn't care for cream sauces, but he asked for a fourth helping!!
Sep 23, 2011
Quick, easy, and delicious! I made this last weekend and everyone in my family loved it. It is going straight into my favorite recipe file.