- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, broccoli and red pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-1/3 cups crushed saltines
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring vegetables and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until tender; drain. In another large saucepan over medium heat, saute the onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Add soup and milk; stir until smooth. Add cracker crumbs and cooked vegetables.
- Spoon into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Dot with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forCountry Corn Casserole
"I couldn't find corn/broccoli mix so I just used frozen corn and added my own green pepper and left out the broccoli. It had the taste and texture of creamed corn and I don't like creamed corn."
"This is such a tasty and simple recipe. I usually don't care for canned soup in my dishes but it works great in this recipe. I didn't cook the veggies beforehand, but I also added onion powder not chopped onion. I had a bag of frozen corn and some frozen red peppers so this is what I used for the veggies. One of my daughters had a friend over and she had seconds and the leftovers the next day."
"I first got this recipe from Taste of Home, Home~Style Suppers Volume 4, 2000. And as I was still being in training to be a- good cook, I found this fabulous magazine cook book! Best thing I have found, made my holiday cooking so special! Well been making this recipe since then, most Thanksgivings and other times when we are craving it! I don't change a thing it's perfectly Yummers!!! Thanks so much!"
"This is so simple and fast to make. My family loved this. We've even made it with a corn/pepper/onion mix. It is delicious however you make it."
"My family absolutely loves pasta and this dish was accepted with so much praise, it was awesome. I will be keeping this recipe."