Country Cheese Snacks
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makes2 cups spread
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 green onions with tops, minced
- Snack-size rye bread slices or toasted English muffins or bagels
- Parsley sprigs
- Sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- In a small bowl, combine first four ingredients. Spread on bread; place on a baking sheet.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat until golden and bubbly, about 1-2 minutes. Garnish with parsley and olives. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 173 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
May 19, 2010
I halved this recipe, spread it on 6 bagel halves, and my husband and I ate it as dinner. :-)Didn't have green onion, parsley, or olives. Instead, I added 1/2 tsp onion powder and 1/2 tsp garlic powder. Pretty good. Had plenty left over for another batch later in the week.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.