Country Barbecued Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makes4-6 servings (3/4 cup barbecue sauce)
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Brush chicken with butter. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned. Baste with barbecue sauce. Grill 4-6 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting and turning often.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 210 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 460mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Aug 2, 2019
I made this recipe as per instructions and my husband and I love it..easy to prepare.
Jun 5, 2012
Not bad, just bland. A bought barbecue sauce used instead is just as good.
Dec 11, 2011
I have made this recipie so many times. My family loves it. I change a few things, I use no high fructose corn syrup ketchup, splenda brown sugar, and I add some cayenne pepper to give it some spice. I have made the recipie the way it is listed and it is still excellent!!! Thank you
May 20, 2011
I didn't think this recipe was bad; it just wasn't fantastic. I probably won't be making this again.
Feb 15, 2011
This is one of my family's favorite recipe. When we can't come up with anything for dinner, this is a go to for all of us. Excellent taste and flavor.
Jul 1, 2010
I would definitely will fix this again.
Oct 5, 2009
This is great but I make chicken like this with the sauce I buy. Now I have to decide if I should stop buying the sauce and make it myself or save some time and money and keep buying it.
Aug 30, 2009
The first time I made this my husband loved it. He says it tastes like a sauce his mother used to make and took him back to those days. Now I love making it for him. Can use on chicken or pork and works great in the oven!!
Apr 8, 2009
I can't believe it!! I've been making this recipe for years. Mine doesn't use garlic though. This one is wonderful!!