Country Barbecued Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makes4-6 servings (3/4 cup barbecue sauce)
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Brush chicken with butter. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned. Baste with barbecue sauce. Grill 4-6 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting and turning often.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 210 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 460mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Jun 5, 2012
Not bad, just bland. A bought barbecue sauce used instead is just as good.
Dec 11, 2011
I have made this recipie so many times. My family loves it. I change a few things, I use no high fructose corn syrup ketchup, splenda brown sugar, and I add some cayenne pepper to give it some spice. I have made the recipie the way it is listed and it is still excellent!!! Thank you
May 20, 2011
I didn't think this recipe was bad; it just wasn't fantastic. I probably won't be making this again.
Feb 15, 2011
This is one of my family's favorite recipe. When we can't come up with anything for dinner, this is a go to for all of us. Excellent taste and flavor.
Jul 1, 2010
I would definitely will fix this again.
Oct 5, 2009
This is great but I make chicken like this with the sauce I buy. Now I have to decide if I should stop buying the sauce and make it myself or save some time and money and keep buying it.
Aug 30, 2009
The first time I made this my husband loved it. He says it tastes like a sauce his mother used to make and took him back to those days. Now I love making it for him. Can use on chicken or pork and works great in the oven!!
Apr 8, 2009
I can't believe it!! I've been making this recipe for years. Mine doesn't use garlic though. This one is wonderful!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.