Country Apple Dessert
If you like warm, comforting desserts, you''ll go for my apple dessert. Serve it warm topped with vanilla ice cream...it's so good! —Denese Harold, Dorcas, West Virginia
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, butter and egg until crumbly. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Top with pie filling. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. In a small bowl combine the confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla. Drizzle over warm cake. Serve with ice cream.