Country Apple Coffee Cake
"I love to cook for my husband and three children, but my rule is 'the simpler the better'," relates Katie Strzyzewski of Midlothian, Illinois. Convenient refrigerated biscuits make this apple-pecan delight a breeze to prepare for brunch or dessert.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped, divided
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- Place 1-1/2 cups apples in a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Separate biscuits into 10 pieces; cut each biscuit into quarters. Place over apples with point side up. Top with remaining apples.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, corn syrup, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon. Stir in pecans. Spoon over apples. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until biscuits are browned.
- For glaze, combine the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over warm coffee cake.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 228 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 11, 2018
This was absolutely a hit with everyone in Sunday School this morning!
Jul 22, 2010
This is a recipe that I have made for years. My family really enjoys it, and it is very easy to prepare.