Country Apple Cobbler
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar, water, tapioca and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in the apples until coated. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar. Stir in butter and milk just until moistened. Fold in cheese and walnuts. Sprinkle over apple mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until filling is bubbly. Serve with whipped topping if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 437 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 333mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 31, 2011
Perfection. A wonderful, warm, homey recipe with the delicious traditional flavor combination of apples and cheddar cheese reinterpreted in a delightful way. We have this often during the cooler months.